Tuesday 31 July 2012

Groove is in the Heart

To the capital I went last Thursday, only just dropped the holiday bags and off I went again, the groove in the heart of this place was colour colour colour!

John B and I started the mini adventure with the preview of Bert Irvin's wonderful show "Fidelio" for over fifty years, his work has been predicated on conviction that non-descriptive colours, shapes, brush marks and without recourse to illustration, his paintings seek an engagement with that mysterious presence that animates nature and all living things,and as usual we were blown out of the building with a super hit of colour and presence!
The show was packed so we went again the day after for a more personal view,
The evening carried on through the streets of the city were we came upon a familiar face, Louis Vuitton has moved up a gear with the help of Yayoi Kusama, my god that lass works hard, even through the night, we came upon her still doing the windows,

John in Kusama world, look at the colour!

The rest of the trip (well after a night at the club) was spent taking in the art, our day was packed with visits to galleries and of course stops for tea and cake
my eyes fixed on the cake! I arrived home that night to find the Xmas box I'd been sooo waiting for and  I'm now back to work with lots of new colours, brushes     and new mediums to try, with compliments, Winsor and Newton!
One more thing! The poster has been up for two weeks now, hope you can all make it this Saturday, Pendle Gallery
 6.30 - 8.30
See You There!






No comments:

Post a Comment